Literal, to the point. Describes the business without any added implications. May be an acronym or abbreviation if the name is unusually long.
- Center for Arabic Media Analysis / CAMA
- Arabic Media Research Center
- Middle East Media Archive / MEMA
- Center for Arabic Media Research
- Middle East Media Research Center
- Arabic Media Research and Analysis Center
Taking history, metaphors, simplifications, or poetic license with a name to connect it to a broader idea.
- Ayin (letter from Arabic alphabet; represents language, journalism, communication; means “eye”)
- Euphrates (a river in the Middle East)
- Hazara (Arabic for “notify, inform”)
- Hamsa (Arabic for “five;” commonly used in depicting the open right hand)
- Marefa (Arabic for “knowledge, knowing, learning, information, awareness, familiarity”)
- Sahafa (Arabic for “news media”)
- Crescent (represents the “fertile crescent,” civilization, Middle East)
A combination of two words into one. Good for creating a unique, original, and copyright-friendly name, but be careful as sometimes they can border on silly-sounding.
- Merean (Middle East + research + analysis)
- Acrean (acquire + research + analyze)
- Aramesis (Arabic + media + analysis)
- Memedia (Middle East + media)
- Alayin (al + ayin)